Monday, June 6, 2011

Bridal Shower

The other shower that I gave in May was a bridal shower for the daughter of my neighbor and dear friend. I ordered the invitations from Mixbook. I love this site for photo books, invitations and cards.








For the centerpiece, I decided to make a towel cake. I have been wanting to make one of these for a couple of years and this was the perfect opportunity! I used the bride's wedding colors - hot pink and turquoise - to create this adorable cake.
I used white bath towels and checked out photos and tutorials that I found online to figure out how to put it together.


I decorated the cake with ribbon, silk flowers and various kitchen tools - wooden spoons, ice cream scoop, slotted spoon, spatula, kitchen shears (you get the idea).

I LOVED how it turned out and it was a big hit at the shower. Of course, the bride got to take it home as part of the loot.








And of course, don't forget the thank you cards in her wedding colors. I make a set for all the bridal showers I go to!









I love decorating with tissue balls!









Ribbon Sandwiches!








Ham and turkey rolls.






CAKE POPS! These little treats are so much fun to make and serve. Once again, I found all the instructions online. I can't wait to make more and try out some new ways to decorate them.



















It really is a lot of fun for me to plan and give parties. One of the challenges is trying to keep the costs reasonable. I love trying to come up with decorating and food ideas that I can execute on my own, stay within budget, but still create a fun atmosphere and my guests and especially the guest of honor feel special. I love trying new recipes but I've been known to outsource if necessary. It's important to remember that the guests are more important than the decorations or the food.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Darling ideas for showers. I was very impressed with the bridal towel cake. That was the first one I have seen. I have been to showers with the diaper cakes but never one for a bridal shower. I was impressed! Your decorations and treats were, oh so cute! You have such great ideas and energy!!!

Michelle and Travis said...

I attended both showers and I have to say Shauna sure knows how to put on fabulous showers! The food was delicious and the decorations were adorable! I know my sister sure appreciated it! You're the best Shauna!!